Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, August 9, 2013

Five for Friday!

It's time for Doodle Bug's Five for Friday weekly linky party, so here it goes!
I have been working on a few things to start off the school with.  One of the books that I plan on reading is "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books" by Lucille Colandro.  My little ones love using my old lady puppet to feed her the items as we retell the story.  This one originally was used with "I know an Old Lay Who Swallowed a Fly".  I usually try to gather real objects from the story for my sweeties to feed the old lady. Of course she tries to 'eat' their hand as they are putting a piece in her mouth.  :) (Lots of giggling takes place!)
To check comprehension of the story I made a PowerPoint of essential questions that I plan on using on my interactive whiteboard.  I have included it below if you would like a copy to use with your little  learners.
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books Essential Questions from lolaragan
I love using these with my littles.  If this is useful to you, please let me know.  I would love any feedback!  I also made a hard copy of the questions so when we are reviewing the answers my learners can follow along and color or circle the correct answer.  It is available along with some retelling props and a cut and paste sheet on my TpT store, if you are interested.
I also have been getting my room ready to go for the year.  I am almost there!  This is my calendar set-up so far.
I just have to add my job pockets below the calendar and put complete my visual schedule, then I should be good to go. I am pretty sure I use my visual schedule just as much as my students to keep me on track!
I have been trying to take advantage of my last week before school starts to get in as many lunches with friends as I can!  Lord knows how cray cray it is, especially at the beginning of the year to do much of anything else!
I am involved in Polka Dot Kinders 400 Fabulous Followers Giveaway.  Check it out.  She has some fabulous prizes!
As always, thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)
Freebie Fridays

1 comment: