Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, April 11, 2014

Bunnies, Chicks, Freebie and Five!

 It's time for another Five for Friday offered by Doodle Bugs Teaching.  This week our theme was chicks and bunnies.
We read 'There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick'. We retold the story with a puppet and props.
We then used the retelling sheet to sequence the events from my Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick Retelling Pack.  You can find it on TpT an TN.
Speaking of chicks, we sorted baby chicks by color and put them in their matching color egg.  Of course we had to use tongs to pick them up.  {Everybody knows we can't let the mama smell us} :)
 We then made this chick by painting a paper plate yellow and adding eyes, beak, feet, and feathers.
The Easter bunny came to visit us this week.  To get ready we made bunny ear headbands.
We pulled apart pink cotton balls
then, glued them on ears,
added a sentence strip, 
and voila!  We loved our visit!
We made these adorable bunnies by listening and following directions.  I think they turned out pretty darn cute.  :)
Here's a freebie for you!  I use it at table time to work on fine motor and color recognition for my littlest ones.  For my sweeties going on to kindergarten who are ready, I use the sheet that allows them to try to read color words.  

Click HERE or on the picture to download.
Link up your Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.



2 comments:

  1. I think your bunny craft is so cute, and I am wondering where I could find the template to make the craft with my students. Could you please let me know.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had them for a few years now. I think I got them from Teachers Notebook. I can't remember if it was a freebie or I paid for the patterns. I will keep looking and let you know if I find out more information!

      Delete